Wednesday, December 7, 2016; 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern
The webinar will provide a general overview of intumescent coatings and how they function. Different coating types and a comparison of characteristics are reviewed, including new developments for intumescents. Participants are eligible for one AIA LU credit.
• Describe how intumescent coatings protect underlying steel from heat exposure
• Identify a US authority that evaluates and approves intumescent coatings
• List two fire rating classification tests that are used to qualify intumescent coatings for use in building/facility construction
• Identify two primary resin types that are used to formulate intumescent coatings
• Describe the methods used to improve the appearance of the texture of intumescent coatings
• Describe how to measure the hardness of the applied coating to assess cure