Problem Solving Forum

April 21 - April 25, 2014

I have several 20-year-old carbon steel tanks for storing demineralized water. The original coating (type unknown) has started to blister. What material, at what DFT, should be used to refurbish the coating?

Selected Answers

From Keith Gabbard of TCR Coatings on May 14, 2014:
As Steve alluded, the osmotic gradient in deminera more

From William Gusnard of Southern Company Services on May 12, 2014:
I work in the power industry. Demin water is my w more

From Curtis Goad of GOAD COMPANY on May 3, 2014:
Many variables come into play in a coatings applic more

From Tom Schwerdt of Active Transportation Advocates on April 24, 2014:
First, does the coating actually need to be refurb more

From Steve Brunner of Indepenent on April 22, 2014:
Demineralized water is claimed to be the most corr more

Please sign in to submit your answer to this question

Tagged categories: Blistering; Coating Materials; Coating types; Demineralized Water Tanks (Demin Tanks); Dry Film Thickness (DFT); Maintenance coating work; Tanks and vessels