Corrosive Salts: Testing, Removal and Passivation
The estimated cost of corrosion is $300 billion a year in the U.S. With such high stakes, it is essential that any corrosive agents known to cause coating failure be eliminated before a coating system is applied. In this video, you will learn:
• why salt contamination is a major cause of premature — and preventable — coating failures,
• how salt can best be detected before preparing a suface for coating,
• what to use to clean soluble salts from a surface,
• what types of surfaces can benefit from this process and
• how to prevent flash rust.
*Claims or positions expressed by sponsoring authors do not necessarily reflect the views of TPC, PaintSquare or its editors.