U.S. coating manufacturers have forged a partnership with the federal government in an effort to increase the number of industry companies that export products.
The initiative teams up the American Coatings Association (ACA), which represents manufacturers across the entire spectrum of the industry, with the U.S. Commercial Service (USCS), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration.
|U.S. exports accounts for a low percentage of the U.S. gross domestic product, says ACA President Andy Doyle. He adds, “The coatings industry can be a part of the solution.”|
The goal of the partnership, called the New Market Export Initiative, is to connect ACA member companies to buyers worldwide and to provide the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, commercial diplomacy, and other services to make that happen.
ACA’s International Affairs Committee has approved the partnership.
“Exporting accounts for a low percentage of the U.S. gross domestic product, when compared to other countries,” said ACA President Andy Doyle. “The coatings industry can be a part of the solution to this problem, and ACA is strategically positioned to facilitate this effort.”
He added, “ACA is excited to be a partner with the U.S. Commercial Service in encouraging the increase of U.S. exports.”
ACA will offer webinars about the initiative and feature speakers from USCS at meetings to highlight the program’s offerings to member companies.
Through the partnership, participating members will be able to:
• Receive assistance from the USCS in creating an international business plan for entry or expansion into a target market, including legal and regulatory documentation and requirements;
• Receive country commercial guides, trade data and analysis, and customized market research;
• Receive assistance in locating potential partners, buyers, and sales representatives in a target market;
• Participate in trade missions organized and led by USCS officials to allow companies to meet distributors, government and industry officials, and prospective customers; and
• Gain access to U.S. government trade advocacy for foreign government procurement bids with direct support from U.S. officials stationed overseas.
For more information, email ACA’s Marie Hobson or John Hopewell.
ACA is a nonprofit trade association working to advance the needs of the paint and coatings industry and its professionals. The group traces its roots through several predecessor organizations that date to 1887.
The group assumed its current name and form in January 2010 with the merger of the National Paint and Coatings Association (NPCA) and the Federation of Societies for Coatings Technologies (FSCT).