The Novasys Group, a leading Australian supplier of instruments for the paint industry, has unveiled a new series of gauges designed to measure thickness of surface coatings.
The Surfix Series is a compact, lightweight range of multifunctional, menu-driven gauges designed for fast, precise, non-destructive coating thickness measurement. The gauges are suitable for varnish, paint and electroplated coatings on iron or steel and for varnish, paint and anodized coatings on non-ferrous metals and austenitic stainless steels.
The Surfix Series universal coating thickness gauge employs the magnetic induction principle (F-Mode) for ferrous metals, Eddy current principle (N-mode) for non-ferrous metals, and FN-Mode for all metals.
Features and Design
The gauge features an external, non-switched probe with a hard-metal probe tip to prevent wear. The probe’s V-notched foot is designed to provide a stable footing even on small cylindrical parts and can be removed to expose a micro-probe sensor for measuring small areas and cavities.
Specifications and features include:
• Measurement range of 0 – 1500 µm, with accuracy of ±1 µm + 1% of reading;
• Data transfer to printer or PC via an infrared interface;
• Automatic identification of the substrate and activation of the appropriate measuring procedure (Surfix FN);
• User-friendly menu in a choice of languages;
• Uniform contact pressure of the sensor is minimized to prevent scratches and indentations on sensitive surfaces;
• Optional high-temperature foot for measuring on surfaces up to 150ºC;
• Manufacturer’s certificate and one-year warranty;
• Dimensions: 137mm x 66mm x 23mm;
• Weight: 205g, including batteries; and
• Optional PrintFix portable thermal printer and FixSoft software.
Novasys Group Pty. Ltd. is a global instrument and machine supplier to the paint, chemical, textile and other industries. The company’s products and services are used widely for quantitative and qualitative quality assurance, resource recovery and process control.
More information: www.novasys.com.au.