The WJTA-IMCA Expo, scheduled for September 10-12 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, will feature exhibits of high pressure waterjetting tools and equipment, as well as presentations from industry experts on practical solutions to technical problems.
According to the organizers, the 2012 Expo will focus on sharing information about the technology, equipment, and safety practices with contractors, educators, engineers, equipment suppliers, and facility owners. Admission is free.
Courtesy of Philippe Le Calve
|Waterjetting equipment will be featured at the WJTA-IMCA Expo.|
“The program offers valuable networking opportunities, education, equipment displays, and live demonstrations,” says Ken Carroll, association manager. “Industry sectors that will be covered include electric, gas and oil; environmental remediation; manufacturing; marine and shipyard; mining; paint and coating; petrochemical; pipeline; public works; sewer and drain and more.”
Practical Advice from Industry Experts
The 2012 Boot Camp Sessions include a variety of educational presentations by industry experts, as shown in the list below.
• Hydro-Excavation, Brett Hart, Vactor Manufacturing
• Nozzle Selection–Pressure Loss, Jet Quality, and Other Technical Aspects, Kevin Simmons, StoneAge Inc.
• PSC’s Hose Integrity and Reliability Program, Sean Benoit, PSC
• Reduction of Hydroblasting Manual Labor, Hans Borgt, Dow Benelux, B.V.
• Safe Use and Care for Ultra High Pressure Hose, Jerry Carter, SPIR STAR, Ltd.
• Safety in Waterjetting, Ed Twaddell, TurtleSkin WaterArmor by Warwick
• Scrubbing Vapors –Vapor Filtration Equipment, Brad Varley, Vapor Technologies Inc.
• Strong Safety Management Systems . . .A Customer Perspective, Kathy Krupp, The Dow Chemical Company
• Understanding the Power of Vacuum and How Industrial Vacuum Loaders Work, Phil Stein, Consultant
• High Pressure Waterblasting Applications, Gary Toothe, FS Solutions
Pre-registration is encouraged by the organizers. Contact WJTA-IMCA at (314)241-1445. Email: email@example.com, Web: www.wjta.org.