The latest coating test methods, terminology and more are featured on ASTM International’s comprehensive new compilation of paint and coating standards on CD-ROM.
|The compilation includes ASTM’s updated standard practice for operating salt spray (fog) apparatus.|
ASTM Paint and Coating Standards provides a useful tool for personnel working in the field of coatings and allied products.
The compilation includes standard test methods, practices, guides and terminology for the whole spectrum of architectural, industrial and protective coatings, from curing test methods, to appearance terminology, to methods to ensure uniform thickness, to the latest guidelines on operating salt spray apparatus.
Each of the 48 ASTM standards featured in ASTM Paint and Coatings Standards contains a detailed description of the noted test method, procedure or guide. Topics include:
• Thickness measurement practices;
• Testing water resistance of coatings;
• Volatile organic content of coatings;
• Tensile properties of organic coatings;
• Flash point of liquids;
• Measuring adhesion by tape test;
• Abrasion resistance of organic coatings by falling abrasive; and
• Testing polyurethane raw materials.
ASTM Paint and Coatings Standards is available on CD-ROM for $149 (ISBN: 978-0-8031-7033-9; stock # PAINTCD12).