The Valspar Corp. is looking for a Protective Coating Market Manager to “assist in the strategy to educate global markets on the benefits of epoxy-coated rebar.”
The Minneapolis-based company is one of the world’s largest coatings manufacturers, providing coatings and coating intermediates to a wide variety of customers.
The Market Manager’s responsibilities will include:
• Managing the development and maintenance of marketing materials, test reports, and track records for the protective coatings product line;
• Working with key influencers in the rebar market on the education and benefits of fusion bond epoxy (FBE);
• Maintaining Valspar's existing and future presence on pipe and rebar approval specifications;
• Developing relationships with sales representatives, distributors and customers to ensure programs are consistent with their marketing and sales programs; and
• Gathering and reporting market intelligence across the organization.
The position requires:
• Active participation and leadership in critical protective coating associations, such as NACE, NAPCA and others;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Technical aptitude, preferably in corrosion; and
• 50-75% travel.