PPG Industries Inc. has an opening for an Environment, Health and Safety specialist at its resin plant in Circleville, OH.
The plant is the company’s center for resin production. PPG’s polymer resins are used in its plants from North America to China for a variety of finishes.
The EHS specialist will develop, implement and maintain safety and loss prevention programs that will provide a loss-free work environment for the employees of the Circleville Plant while contributing to the organization’s overall viability and profitability.
Among other responsibilities, the specialist:
• Recommends and administers programs designed to eliminate occupational injuries and illnesses and minimize losses;
• Directs the education and training of all employees in the areas of safety, health, and loss prevention;
• Manages the inspection of facilities and work practices, assessing loss potential and taking actions to minimize risk;
• Coordinates analysis of incidents to ensure corrective/preventive actions are implemented;
• Coordinates industrial hygiene activities; and
• Manages the plant medical services department.
Requirements include a BS degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of four years related experience.
Learn more about this position.