URS Corp. is actively seeking an experienced coating Inspector to inspect shipboard corrosion and preservation issues in the Norfolk, VA, area.
The candidate will be required to:
• Inspect and identify areas of corrosion in tanks, voids, ventilation, plenums, bilges, masts and superstructures;
• Distinguish areas where coatings have failed and rust or corrosion is present;
• Categorize damage as localized or scattered;
• Define conditions according to ASTM D610.5; and
• Complete assessments, give recommendations, and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
The candidate must have:
• Completed NACE Shipboard Corrosion Assessment Training (S-CAT);
• Completed coating assessments on a minimum of 50 corrosion-prone spaces or 100 hours of assessments in corrosion-prone spaces;
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art coating installations protocols by NAVSEA 05;
• Demonstrated familiarity with the CCIMS database and inspection reporting forms; and
• Written and verbal skills necessary to complete documentation used for coating repair and assessment decision making.
URS Corp., a Fortune 500 company, is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle.
Learn more about this position.