A leading global provider of protective and marine coatings is looking for a “forward-thinking R&D Technical Manager” at its Chicago location.
The Technical Manager will lead a team of scientists and technicians in the development of products for a variety of substrates, focusing on acrylic, alkyd, fluoropolymer, polyaspartate and polyurea chemistries.
This position includes both product improvement and new product development leadership. Responsibilities include:
• Developing new products and maintaining the quality and marketability of existing product lines;
• Ensuring that products meet customer and company requirements;
• Providing technical support for manufacturing, marketing and sales; and
• Providing information and documentation to relevant stakeholders on formulation changes.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or similar science;
• At least seven years of non-academic work experience, including at least three years of management responsibility of technical professionals; and
• Significant technical expertise in developing protective coatings based on acrylics, alkyds, fluoropolymers and/or polyaspartates.
Learn more or apply.