Jetstream Europe’s new “go anywhere” Magnetic Crawler M250 opens up new dimensions in cleaning and preparing steel surfaces by means of high-pressure water technology.
Recommended for use on ship hulls and storage tanks, the unit’s design comprises a bank of eight “floating magnets” that enable the machine to negotiate large welded seams, dents or other surface distortions without falling off.
No vacuum is required to keep the lightweight aluminum crawler on the surface; it is used only to recover coating debris and wastewater to a collection point, to maintain site cleanliness.
With rubber-covered crawler tracks and two pneumatically actuated drive modules, the unit is operated via a mobile control panel.
Features and Applications
According to the manufacturer, the crawler:
• Removes coatings, rust and scale;
• Delivers up to five times the removal rate of a standard jetting gun;
• Cleans almost any large steel surface;
• Can be used horizontally, vertically, inclined and overhead;
• Is mobile and easy to maneuver;
• Offers different nozzle bar sizes for different applications;
• Has a rotary piston pump that produces flow rate of 2,100 cubic m³/h and 500 mbar; and
• Has a safety device to prevent the crawler from falling in the event of incorrect operation.
More information: www.jetstreameurope.co.uk.