PPG Industries’ industrial coatings business has introduced two low-temperature immersion cleaners, which are designed to remove soils and contaminants from metal surfaces in immersion or dip cleaning processes.
Ultrax LT5620 and LT5630 follow PPG’s Ultrax 7610, 7620 and 7630 low-temperature spray cleaners, introduced in 2009.
|The Ultrax products, patterned after PPG’s Ultrax spray cleaners, are designed for immersion cleaning.|
Unlike conventional cleaners that work at temperatures of 120 to 180 degrees F, Ultrax LT5620 and LT5630 can perform at temperatures as low as 85 degrees F and will work well on most soils at 100 degrees F.
Features and Performance
According to PPG, the new immersion cleaners offer:
• Lower energy usage;
• Lower water consumption (less water evaporation);
• Safer work environment (less exposure to hot chemicals);
• Improved parts appearance, with less streaking, mottling and dried-on cleaner residue;
• Exceptional rinsing that helps parts stay “wet” longer; and
• Reduced chance of flash rusting between process stages.
Ultrax immersion cleaners are solvent-free, low-phosphate and designed for use with PPG zirconium, zinc and iron pretreatment products, the company reports.
More information: www.ppgindustrialcoatings.com.