Atlas Material Testing Solutions has introduced a new control system for its Ci4000 and Ci5000 model Weather-Ometers. Known as WXView (Weather View), the data acquisition (DAQ) software is part of a complete suite of data acquisition, remote access control and monitoring tools on new Panel PC equipped models.
Atlas calls the enhancement “the platform for revolutionary features in weathering instruments.” WXView provides:
• User interface for efficient transfer of information, including test cycle parameters and control system data;
• Local area network (LAN) interface for remote access;
• Remote functions available in English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese;
• Remote functionality allowing for multiple networked Weather-Ometers to be accessed;
• The ability to create and apply a unique identification, or "name" to each Weather-Ometer; and
• USB connections used for standard data acquisition functions.
This new control system also provides a platform for upcoming enhancements, Atlas says, including:
• Compatibility with Atlas UVTest instruments and older Atlas Weather-Ometers;
• Remote access to control/monitor and e-mail messages/alerts;
• Expandability to include mobile apps; and
• Links to Atlas Weathering Services weather data summaries.
Retrofit kits will be available to upgrade existing Weather-Ometers (Ci4000 units built after June 2006 and Ci5000 units built after November 2007).
Atlas, a division of Ametek Measurement & Calibration Technologies (M&CT), provides instruments and services for accelerated and natural weathering.
More information: www.atlas-mts.com.