MSA has just rolled out the Altair 5X Multigas Detector, with XCell Sensors for SO2, Cl2, and NH3 and a typical life span of more than three years.
The Altair 5X detects up to six gases simultaneously. The unit features fast response/clear times, bump tests in less than 10 seconds, and span calibration time of 60 seconds for common configurations.
MSA says XCell Sensors provide greater signal stability and repeatability under changing or extreme environmental conditions and are plug-and-play-capable. The unit is compatible with MSA’s Galaxy Automated Test System and Link Software.
Applications and Approvals
The unit is designed for detection of combustible, falls, confined space, toxic atmosphere, particulates and dust, leaks and other hazards in the spray painting, abrasive blasting, scaffolding, wastewater, construction, utility, oil and gas, and other industries.
The Altair 5X carries these approvals:
- UL - 110412_JTPD_E190105 (US)
- FTZU - FTZU09ATEX0006X (EU)
- Australia - IECExTSA09.0013X_03 and .0014X_03; TestSafe ANZEx09.3009X_03 and .3008X_ 03 (International)
MSA lists these product features:
- Large buttons and bright display for easy operation;
- A MotionAlert sensor that automatically activates after 30 seconds if a user becomes disabled;
- An InstantAlert that enables users to manually alert others of a dangerous situation;
- Glow-in-the-dark housing for confined space applications; and
- Dust-tight and water-tight construction, with impact-resistant polycarbonate housing.
MSA’s Gustavo Lopez provides a video overview of the product online.
More information: http://www.msanet.com/altair5x.