Dutch test equipment manufacturer TQC (Thermimport Quality Control) has unveiled its latest Automatic Film Applicator—the first stepless variable film applicator that can be set in real speeds, the company says.
The applicator is designed to provide reliable application of coating films to test charts, panels or foils in a uniform and reproducible way.
The unit helps eliminate operator-induced variations in speed, pressure and direction of draw down that can cause irregularities. It can also stabilize the shear rate and weight of the applicator, which can also produce irregularities, and deliver an even film thickness over the entire surface, according to the manufacturer.
The applicator can be used to prepare samples for testing rheological properties, abrasion resistance, hiding power and gloss.
TQC offers multiple types of automatic film applicators for a variety of substrates or foils. All models can be used with either standard block-type or spiral bar-type film applicators, depending on the configuration chosen. The current lineup includes:
- AB3110: With glass bed and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3120: With glass bed and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3210: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3220: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3310: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump and attachment assembly for standard block applicators; and
More information: www.tqc.eu.
- AB3320: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters.
Coating / Film thickness;
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
Built for Tough Jobs
From Epoxies to Urethanes
to other high solid coatings,
the new Binks Airless 75
delivers a great finish using
an ergonomic design. Visit
binks.com for more information.
Delivering Yesterday’s Values With Tomorrow’s Innovations
To serve you better,
we now have 2 locations
reaching from the east to the
west coast: Charleston, SC and
Contact us: 888-772-3726
By integrating Schmidt's
Aftercoolers with our blast pots, these systems remove moisture from air and minimize equipment footprint on jobsite.
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
Surface cleanliness is
ESSENTIAL to coating
* TEST FOR SALTS
* PREVENT FLASH RUST
* REMOVE SALTS
More information at
Portable Dust Collectors for Tough Environments
Trailer and skid-mounted models in numerous sizes, powered by electric and/or diesel. Sloped roofs, multiple dust inlets, high static, dampered fans. Lockable power & drive compartments.
Durability & Design meet
Performance & Reliability
Elcometer 319 Dewpoint Meter
View the technical data on the Elcometer Dewpoint meter.