Dutch test equipment manufacturer TQC (Thermimport Quality Control) has unveiled its latest Automatic Film Applicator—the first stepless variable film applicator that can be set in real speeds, the company says.
The applicator is designed to provide reliable application of coating films to test charts, panels or foils in a uniform and reproducible way.
The unit helps eliminate operator-induced variations in speed, pressure and direction of draw down that can cause irregularities. It can also stabilize the shear rate and weight of the applicator, which can also produce irregularities, and deliver an even film thickness over the entire surface, according to the manufacturer.
The applicator can be used to prepare samples for testing rheological properties, abrasion resistance, hiding power and gloss.
TQC offers multiple types of automatic film applicators for a variety of substrates or foils. All models can be used with either standard block-type or spiral bar-type film applicators, depending on the configuration chosen. The current lineup includes:
- AB3110: With glass bed and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3120: With glass bed and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3210: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3220: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3310: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump and attachment assembly for standard block applicators; and
More information: www.tqc.eu.
- AB3320: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters.
Coating / Film thickness;
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
SSPC 2014 Product Demos
Watch product demos by SSPC 2014 exhibitors. Check them out now!
Built for Tough Jobs
From Epoxies to Urethanes
to other high solid coatings,
the new Binks Airless 75
delivers a great finish using
an ergonomic design. Visit
binks.com for more information.
- Superior cleaning
- Even Profile
- Low Dust
- Environmentally friendly
- Recyclable up to 5 times
Tel : +1 832 243 9300
DH Tech has the most innovative and
reliable equipment available to
IT'S UNDER CONTROL!
KTA-TATOR LABORATORY SERVICES
• Coating failure analysis
• Toxic metals testing
• A2LA Accredited
In both customer training tools and manufacturing technology. All customers are supported by online training, and our network sales representatives. Visit us @ edcoinc.com
• 10,000 PSI
• Electric or diesel models
• Buy or rent from CESCO
• Lease Financing Available
CESCO is your One Stop
Contact us: 888-772-3726