Dutch test equipment manufacturer TQC (Thermimport Quality Control) has unveiled its latest Automatic Film Applicator—the first stepless variable film applicator that can be set in real speeds, the company says.
The applicator is designed to provide reliable application of coating films to test charts, panels or foils in a uniform and reproducible way.
The unit helps eliminate operator-induced variations in speed, pressure and direction of draw down that can cause irregularities. It can also stabilize the shear rate and weight of the applicator, which can also produce irregularities, and deliver an even film thickness over the entire surface, according to the manufacturer.
The applicator can be used to prepare samples for testing rheological properties, abrasion resistance, hiding power and gloss.
TQC offers multiple types of automatic film applicators for a variety of substrates or foils. All models can be used with either standard block-type or spiral bar-type film applicators, depending on the configuration chosen. The current lineup includes:
- AB3110: With glass bed and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3120: With glass bed and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3210: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3220: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3310: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump and attachment assembly for standard block applicators; and
More information: www.tqc.eu.
- AB3320: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters.
Coating / Film thickness;
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
SSPC 2014 Product Demos
Watch product demos by SSPC 2014 exhibitors. Check them out now!
Built for Tough Jobs
From Epoxies to Urethanes
to other high solid coatings,
the new Binks Airless 75
delivers a great finish using
an ergonomic design. Visit
binks.com for more information.
USED EQUIPMENT SPECIALS
• Jet Edge water blast cabinet
1995 Model 36-100, excellent
• Sponge Jet 240L feed unit
with a recycler unit
• Hotsy Trailblazer
• Schmidt pot, 6 ton with
4 outlets, TVII valves, 12V
line with controls, Halo safety
loading feature, 4 factory
welded post for jumbo sack
Contact us: 888-772-3726
HEMPEL PROTECTIVE COATINGS
Efficient systems and high quality products to reduce your maintenance costs. Visit Hempel Protective for more information.
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
MORE THAN JUST A SALES PITCH!
Simplicity! Dependability! Safety!
We’ve built these features into every cleverly
engineered inch of our newest models.
It’s all there.
Learn about soluble salts, along with a discussion on
More information at