Dutch test equipment manufacturer TQC (Thermimport Quality Control) has unveiled its latest Automatic Film Applicator—the first stepless variable film applicator that can be set in real speeds, the company says.
The applicator is designed to provide reliable application of coating films to test charts, panels or foils in a uniform and reproducible way.
The unit helps eliminate operator-induced variations in speed, pressure and direction of draw down that can cause irregularities. It can also stabilize the shear rate and weight of the applicator, which can also produce irregularities, and deliver an even film thickness over the entire surface, according to the manufacturer.
The applicator can be used to prepare samples for testing rheological properties, abrasion resistance, hiding power and gloss.
TQC offers multiple types of automatic film applicators for a variety of substrates or foils. All models can be used with either standard block-type or spiral bar-type film applicators, depending on the configuration chosen. The current lineup includes:
- AB3110: With glass bed and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3120: With glass bed and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3210: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and attachment assembly for standard block applicators;
- AB3220: With perforated vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters;
- AB3310: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump and attachment assembly for standard block applicators; and
More information: www.tqc.eu.
- AB3320: With double-channeled vacuum bed, built-in vacuum pump, and combined attachment assembly for standard block applicators and wire bar coaters.
Coating / Film thickness;
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
In the NEW issue:
High-solids epoxy systems for protective and marine coatings, waterjetting safety, film galvanising applications, and much more! www.jpcleurope.com
Built for Tough Jobs
From Epoxies to Urethanes
to other high solid coatings,
the new Binks Airless 75
delivers a great finish using
an ergonomic design. Visit
binks.com for more information.
Our New Protective Coatings Centers
Our complete range of International and Devoe Coatings products are available at our Protective Coatings Centers, making purchases faster and easier.
The one way to control
a tank: DRYCO
Temporary climate control equipment.
Heaters, A/C, Power, More…
Toll Free: 866-379-2600
Our 3,500 locations give you a level of service that is simply unmatched.
PREMIUM SLAG ABRASIVES
in abandonment and decommissioning projects
have discovered that Sharpshot® 20X50 copper slag is an ideal product
for subsea waterjet cutting.
Call Steve: 520-297-4626
the New miniBRS
Reduced in size, it is incredibly easy to maneuver and operate! The perfect alternative to larger blast & recovery units when project space is limited.