Nanokote has introduced ProGuard, a new technology coating material developed for application on highly stressed concrete surfaces.
ProGuard is an organometallic hybrid coating, with both organic and inorganic components, according to the Australian industrial coatings manufacturer.
“ProGuard is a decorative protection coating for concrete specifically designed for use in high-traffic areas such as road and rail infrastructure,” the company says in a release. “The coating serves as both an anti-carbonation coating and an anti-graffiti coating, making it a one coating solution for the long-term protection of concrete.”
| Before and after photos by manufacturer Nanokote show application of ProGuard.|
Applications include infrastructure, tunnels, bridges, road barriers, railway tunnels, underpasses, underground structures and ports.
According to the manufacturer, ProGuard offers:
- Exceptional bond strength with substrates for long durability;
- High resistance to UV radiation;
- High resistance to acids, bases, solvents and other chemicals;
- High resistance to weathering, temperature shock and other environmental influences;
- A 10-year warranty for outdoor application;
- Availability in most colors and a satin and matte finish;
- Fast application with shorter requirements for traffic control;
- Chemical reactions that enable easy application on both new and old surfaces; and
- Single-coat applications.
ProGuard can be applied at temperatures down to 3 degrees Celsius and up to 95% relative humidity, the manufacturer says. It can also be applied to damp concrete, within 10 to 15 minutes of high-pressure washing. No priming is necessary, Nanokote says.