CEM-KOTE CW PLUS, new from W.R. Meadows, is a one-component (add water only), Portland-cement-based coating (slurry) containing silica-based materials.
Under negative or positive water pressure, the soluble silicate penetrates (due to osmotic pressure) into the substrate, where it reacts with lime and forms insoluble calcium silicate crystals that “plug” the capillary pores and waterproof the concrete while allowing water vapor to pass, the manufacturer says.
CEM-KOTE CW PLUS is a crystalline (capillary) in-depth waterproofing for new or existing water storage and water treatment concrete structures, digesters, clarifiers and utility vaults. The product is suitable for waterproofing retaining walls, basements, concrete slabs, swimming pools, and other concrete structures, the manufacturer says.
According to W.R. Meadows, the product:
• Contains approved ANSI/NSF Standard 61 barrier materials;
• Offers negative- or positive side-waterproofing;
• Seals cracks 0.5 mm (20 mils);
• Waterproofs highly porous concrete;
• Cures in 48 hours;
• Is non-flammable and permanently active; and
• Is approved for potable water tanks [>10,000 gallons – 1337 ft.³ (38 m³)].
More information: www.wrmeadows.com.