Elcometer has introduced the next generation of its 456 digital coating thickness gauge, with a range of models designed to be more powerful and easier to use.
Elcometer calls its new 456 line fast, reliable and accurate. The company promises repeatable, reproducible measurements up to 30mm (1200mils) of coating on metal substrates.
The new line includes improvements in the units’ visual display, ease of operation, ruggedness, measuring speed and memory capacity, according to Elcometer. A range of models is available for measuring dry film thickness on ferrous and non-ferrous metal substrates.
Gauges are factory calibrated for immediate use, conform to national and international standards, and come with fully traceable test certificates, the manufacturer says.
Features and Specifications
Key features include:
• A 2.4-inch color display, clear menu structure, and large buttons for easy operation;
• Increased reading resolution for thin coatings;
• Impact-resistant housing sealed against dust and water equivalent to IP64;
• Memory capacity of up to 75,000 readings in alpha-numeric batches, interchangeable probes and USB/Bluetooth data output to ElcoMaster 2.0 software;
• Batch date and time stamp facility;
• Temperature-stable measurements;
• Measurement capability to ±1% on smooth, rough, thin and curved surfaces;
• More than 70 readings per minute; and
• A two-year warranty.
UK-based Elcometer is a global manufacturer of inspection equipment, with specialized divisions dedicated to coatings inspection, concrete inspection and metal detection.
More information: www.elcometer456.com.