Three new market reports shed light on the world’s top 10 paint and coatings companies, the world coatings market, and the industry in Asia Pacific.
Top 10 Companies
The Top Ten World's Leading Paints and Coatings Companies, from Venture Planning Group, offers an in-depth look at the performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the major competitors in the worldwide paints and coatings market.
“The report is designed to provide the paints and coatings industry executives with strategically significant competitor information, analysis, and insight critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs,” the publisher says.
The 500-page study, published in May, includes sales estimates, operating profit performance, R&D budgets, products in development, research facilities and staff for AkzoNobel, BASF, DuPont, ICI, Nippon, PPG, RPM, Sherwin-Williams, SigmaKalon and Valspar.
The report draws on interviews with executives, industry experts, financial analysts and others in the industry; information generated at industry shows; secondary information sources; and proprietary data files of Venture Planning Group, a New York City-based global market research firm. The analysis is available through www.reportlinker.com.
Asia Pacific Profiles
A Profile of the Asia-Pacific Paint Industry (9th Edition) includes extensive interviews with industry executives and reflects cooperation with the region’s paint makers, the publisher says. The research was conducted between January and April of this year.
The report discusses which economies and companies were hit hardest by the global economic meltdown and which are best positioned to recover, which coatings sector has the brightest outlook, and more. The report covers 11 countries, including China. Focus companies include AkzoNobel ICI India, Bombay Paints, Chemisol Adhesives, Gamma Coatings, Navair International, Opal Paints, Titan Paints and Chemicals, and Varuna Paints. For more information, visit www.researchandmarkets.com.
Worldwide Industry Trends
The Paints & Coatings: Global Industry Guide includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies. Publishers say the report:
• Contains an executive summary and data on value, volume and segmentation;
• Provides textual analysis of the industry's prospects, competitive landscape and profiles of the leading companies; and
• Incorporates in-depth five forces competitive environment analysis and scorecards.
The report covers the global, European and Asia-Pacific markets as well as individual chapters on France, Germany, Japan, the UK and the United States.
Among the report’s findings:
• The global paints and coatings market grew by 2.1% in 2009 to reach a value of $110.5 billion.
• In 2014, the market is forecast to have a value of $128.6 billion, an increase of 16.3% since 2009.
• The market grew by 1.4% in 2009 to reach a volume of 35.1 million ton.
• In 2014, the market is forecast to have a volume of 38.7 million tons, an increase of 10.3% since 2009.
• Industrial paints and coatings segment generated 39% of the market's overall revenues.
• Asia-Pacific accounts for 43.5% of the global paints and coatings market's value.
For more information, visit www.researchandmarkets.com.