The fifth Coatings Summit, described as a leadership event for senior representatives of coatings manufacturers and suppliers, will be convened Jan. 17-19, 2011, in Washington, D.C.
Co-hosted by the International Paint and Printing Ink Council (IPPIC) and Vincentz Network, the event will be geared to a theme of “Defining the Future of Coatings,” and will feature the perspectives of executives of major coatings manufacturers and other companies.
Keynote speakers will include chief executives Hans Wijers, of AkzoNobel, Kenji Sakai of Nippon Paint, Christopher Connor of The Sherwin-Williams Company, Andrew Liveris of The Dow Chemical Company, and Charles Holliday of Bank of America. Also scheduled to speak are key executives of Boeing Company and General Motors Corp., and a top economist.
Serving as chairmen of the event are Ed Donnelly, IPPIC chairman, and Juergen Nowak, publisher, Vincentz Network.
The preliminary program with all confirmed speakers, presentation titles, and abstracts can be found online at www.coatings-summit.com.
Program topics include the following:
• Perspectives of the Global Coatings Industry
• Challenges, Opportunities and Trends of the Chemical and Coatings Industries
• Corporate Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
• The State of the European Coatings Industry
• Managing a Major Turnaround
• Positioning a Mid-Size Manufacturer in a Global Context
• Chemical and Coatings Markets: A Global Outlook
• New Perspectives of the Japanese Coatings Industry
• Perspectives in Russia and the Baltics
• Capturing the Perceptual Quality of Coatings
• Future Trends and Opportunities for Aerospace Coatings
• Customer Expectations: The Future of the Coatings Industry