The Euclid Chemical Company, a global provider of specialty concrete and masonry construction products, is marking its 100th year of service to building material suppliers.
Euclid Chemical is wholly owned by RPM International Inc., a $3.5 billion publicly traded corporation based in Medina, Ohio.
The company was originally established as the Klein Building Products Company in 1910. Founder Jacob Klein developed and distributed waterproofing and concrete-additive products in the Cleveland, Ohio, area. The company became known as The Euclid Chemical Company and its "Euco Method" recognized as an industry standard. Klein's partner, Lawrence Korach, became the sole owner and president in 1951. Korach led Euclid Chemical until 1984, when he retired as president and sold the company to RPM.
Under the RPM umbrella, Euclid Chemical has continued to grow through domestic and international expansion. Today, the business group is comprised of Euclid USA, Euclid Canada, Eucomex, Euclid Toxement, and CAVE. It maintains numerous joint-venture and licensee relationships with partners throughout Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East, providing complete systems for new construction and concrete repair. Its 600-plus specialty products include concrete and masonry admixtures, curing and sealing compounds, epoxy adhesives, dry-shake floor hardeners, joint fillers, coatings, and grouts marketed under the Euco, Eucon, Dural, Speed Crete, Baracade, Increte, and Tamms brands.
The company credits its longevity to its product line, its global distribution network, and its customer service.
"Our company was built upon a family-focused foundation," says President Moorman Scott. "Throughout our growth, we've continued that family atmosphere and personal service to our customers."
The company is planning a variety of events in the U.S. and around the globe to commemorate its centennial.