AkzoNobel’s Glidden™ paint issued a “Top 10 Growing Up Colors” list, reflecting the most popular decorative-paint color choices for children.
The colors feature “a mix of bright and playful hues,” and offer “a variety of classic and contemporary shades designed to stand the test of time,” said Barbara Richardson, director of color marketing services, Glidden paint.
“A bedroom or playroom is often one place in the house where a child or teen can inject their own style into the space, making it a true reflection of their individual personality," Richardson said.
The Top 10 Growing Up Colors include:
• Blooming Fuchsia—A vibrant magenta designed to energize a youthful attitude in any bedroom;
• Fresh Pink Lemonade—A refreshing springtime shade of pink that works well as an accent color in artwork, lamps, or painted accessories;
• Sunbaked Orange—A glowing, warm, spicy color sure to enliven any space;
• Refreshing Mimosa—A creamy yellow color creates a cozy feeling; with a touch of red, this color can make any room feel warm and inviting;
• Spring Green—A refreshing, crisp green that reflects the outdoors and provides a feeling of nature;
• True Turquoise—A daydreaming green-blue designed to create a serene environment;
• Blue Marina—Reminiscent of the shades of the ocean tide, this color creates a cool atmosphere in any room;
• Rich Navy—A deep blue designed to add a touch of boldness and adventure to a variety of settings;
• Lilac Bouquet—A delightful and playful violet sure to please girls of all ages; and
• Sunbeam—A bright, cheery yellow reflects the sun's warmth to create a cozy space.
Paint users can also find the Top 10 Growing Up colors at www.glidden.com. The color cards also are available in the Glidden paint color centers at The Home Depot stores.
In addition to the Top 10 color cards, Glidden paint offers a variety of color-selection tools, including a reduced palette of 282 timeless colors; ready-to-go paint testers with a built-in brush to allow consumers to try any color; and larger color chips with coordinating accent colors on the back.