Members of the American Subcontractors Association have elected construction executive Timmy McLaughlin as its 2010-11 president and have selected a slate of new officers.
The new leadership was announced March 5 at ASA’s Business Forum and Convention in San Diego, Calif.
The association also presented Excellence in Ethics Certificates to eight contracting firms at the meeting.
Companies have to meet and document extensive, specific criteria to achieve certification. Certificates were awarded to:
• F.A. Rohrbach, Allentown, Pa.;
• Holes Incorporated, Houston, Texas;
• Lloyd’s Construction Services, Savage, Minn.;
• Western Engineering, Loomis, Calif.;
• Hess Sweitzer Inc., New Berlin, Wisc.;
• Markham Contracting Company, Phoenix, Ariz.;
• Precision Concrete Construction Inc., Alpharetta, Ga.; and
• Viracon Inc., Owatonna, Minn.
McLaughlin’s one-year term begins July 1. “Helping our members prepare for the future is something I plan to focus on when I take office,” said McLaughlin, of Austin Construction Company, Summerville, S.C. “Our industry is in an uncertain period. I see ASA’s job as providing education and resources to them so that we can build a bridge to our future in the construction industry.”
ASA members elected three other national officers to one-year terms beginning July 1, 2010:
• Vice President Kerrick Whisenant, Cornerstone Detention Products Inc., Tanner, Ala.;
• Treasurer Walter Bazan Jr., Bazan Painting Company, St. Louis, Mo.; and
• Secretary Mike Jones, M.L. Jones Acoustics Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
Elected to three-year terms on ASA’s board of directors, effective July 1, were:
• Jack Austhof, Sobie Inc., Dutton, Mich.;
• Michael Kennedy, Simpson Plastering, Birmingham, Ala.;
• Vince Migliazzo, Mark One Electric Company, Kansas City, Mo.
• R. Russell O’Rourke, O’Rourke & Associates Co., L.P.A., Cleveland, Ohio; and
• Wayne Ward, Busy Ditch Inc., Gaithersburg, Md.
Founded in 1966, ASA is dedicated to improving the business environment for trade contractors in the construction industry.