The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will hold a public meeting called “OSHA Listens” on February 10 from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. at the Frances Perkins Building auditorium in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the meeting is to solicit comments and suggestions from OSHA stakeholders on key issues facing the agency.
To attend or make an oral presentation at the meeting, individuals must register by close of business on February 3 by emailing email@example.com. In the email, include your name, title, company or organization, address, telephone number, and email address. If you wish to make a short presentation, include the specific topic or issue.
Some of the questions OSHA invites public input on include:
• What can the agency do to enhance and encourage the efforts of employers, workers, and unions to identify and address workplace hazards?
• What are the most important emerging or unaddressed health and safety issues in the workplace, and what can OSHA do to address these?
• How can the agency improve its efforts to engage stakeholders in programs and initiatives?
• Are there additional measures to improve the effectiveness of the agency’s current compliance assistance efforts and the onsite consultation program to ensure small businesses have the information needed to provide safe workplaces?
• What specific actions can the agency take to enhance the voice of workers in the workplace, particularly workers who are hard to reach, who do not have ready access to information about hazards or their rights, or who are afraid to exercise their rights?
Those unable to attend may send written comments to OSHA Docket Office, Docket Number OSHA-2010-0004, Technical Data Center, Room N-2625, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20210. Written comments may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Identify all comments with a docket number.
For more information on the scope of the meeting, refer to the Federal Register notice at www.federalregister.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2010-00814_PI.pdf.