RCI Inc. (The Institute of Roofing, Waterproofing, and Building Envelope Professionals) has issued program details for the organization’s 25th International Convention and Trade Show, scheduled for March 25-30, 2010, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, Orlando, FL. Advanced-registration and discounted hotel reservation deadlines are Feb. 22, 2010, the organization said.
The event’s educational program includes 30 hours of sessions to be addressed by experts in the roofing, exterior-wall, and waterproofing industries, RCI said.
Program topics include the following.
• Winds of Change: Roof Aggregate Blow-Off
• On-Site and Laboratory Studies of Surface Damage to Curtain-Wall Glass
• The Durability Planning Matrix: A Useful Tool for Achieving Sustainable Building Envelopes
• Confluent Deficiencies in Modern Stone Paving
• The Roof as a Platform
• Vegetated Roofing Systems at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• A Fastener-Free Low-Slope Roofing System: Can it Resist Wind Uplift?
• Report on the RCI Foundation Roofing Research Summit
• Evaluation of Metal Fasteners Corroded from Contact with Preservative-Treated Wood
• U.S. Department of Energy Update
• Fire and Wind Resistance Standards for Vegetated Roofs
• Predicting the Hygrothermal Performance of Commercial Building Envelope Systems Using Computer Modeling Techniques of ASHRAE Standard 160-2009
• Key Life Issues in Roof Design
• Understanding Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Regulations in the Roofing Industry
• Better Design and Building Practices for Reducing Water and Moisture Problems in Wood-Framed Commercial and Multifamily Buildings
• Buildings That Leak Only on Sunny Days
• Thermal Performance of Vegetated Roof Systems
• The Energy and Environmental Potential of Commercial Buildings: Implications for Energy Policy and Industry Growth through Green Building Market Transformation
• Leaks, Drips and Damage: The Investigation and Repair of Building Envelope Problems at a Newly Built Community Center
• The Modeled and Measured Performance of Thick Continuous Insulation Under Heavy Cladding Systems
• The Effects of Debris on the Flow Rates of Roof Drains and Scuppers
• Growing Your Green Roof Sales: Understanding Owner Motivations
• Auxiliary Seminar: Below-Grade and Plaza Waterproofing
• Auxiliary Seminar: The Florida Building Code High Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ): Performance Through Compliance
More information: www.rci-online.org.