The Master Painters Institute (MPI), located in British Columbia, Canada, has named the paints and coatings that passed MPI testing this month. The following is a list of the recently-approved paint suppliers, the MPI standards, and the approved products.
- AkzoNobel: Decra-Flex 300, MPI #132, Elastomeric Coating System-Smooth, 2260; Devoe Coatings, MPI #301, Devran 203 Waterborne Epoxy Coating, DC 203
- Cloverdale Paint: Cloverdale, MPI #82, Clovagrip Anti-Slip Grey, 83365
- Comex Group: Comex Industrial Coating, MPI #19, ZR-20 Inorganic Zinc, ZR-20
- Coronado Paint: Maxum, MPI #7, Maxum Oil Starter Primer, M800-11
- General Paint: So-Pro, MPI #15, Solid Color Professional Coating, 5801
- KCC Corporation: KCC Corporation, MPI #19, Primer, Zinc Rich, Inorganic, MP019
- Old Masters: Old Masters, MPI #194, Exterior Water-Based Polyurethane Satin, 745; Old Masters, MPI #195, Exterior Water-Based Polyurethane Semi-Gloss, 746
- Peintures MF Inc.: Proline, MPI #53, Acrylic Latex Interior Paint Flat Finish, 6050-0; Dry Fall Paint, MPI #118, Dry Fall Paint 100% Acrylic Flat, 756-0
- Sherwin-Williams: Sherwin-Williams, MPI #76, Kem Bond HS Universal Alkyd Primer, B50WZ0004
- Valspar: Ultra Premium, MPI #52, Interior Eggshell Ultra White, 70576; Contractor Finishes, MPI #53, 2000 Interior Flat, 2000 Series; Ultra Premium, MPI #53, Interior Flat Finish, 94785; Ultra Premium, MPI #54, Interior Semi-Gloss Finish, 40237
To see a complete list of MPI-approved products, visit www.mpi.net.