DuPont (Wilmington, DE), a manufacturer of coatings and other products, announced its third quarter 2009 business segment results. The following figures are in comparison to third quarter 2008.
• Performance materials: Sales of $1.3 billion were down 24%, reflecting weak demand in major markets in all regions, particularly industrial and motor vehicle markets.
• Coatings and color technologies: Sales of $1.5 billion were down 16%, primarily due to continued weakness in motor vehicle markets.
• Safety and protection: Sales of $1 billion were down 32%, reflecting a 22% volume decline primarily in industrial and construction markets.
• Agriculture and nutrition: Sales of $1.2 billion were down 5%.
• Electronic and communication technologies: Sales of $919 million were down 13%.
For more information, visit www.dupont.com.