BASF said it is offering a new course, Sustainable Design: Eco-efficiency of Roofing Insulation Systems, in its virtual classroom called the Online Campus for High-Performance Construction.
The one-hour interactive online course, registered with the AIA (Reg # RV940, HSW, SD), covers several frequently used roofing-insulation systems including expanded polystyrene (EPS), polyisocyanurate (Polyiso), extruded polystyrene (XPS), and sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF), discussing the influences each type has on sustainable design.
Divided into three sections, the course addresses sustainable development, insulation systems, technical aspects, and environmental and economic aspects. The program compares different plastic insulation systems, and explains the use of eco-efficiency analysis.
Currently, five courses are posted on the BASF Online Campus for High-Performance Construction, including:
• High-Performance EIFS for Sustainable Construction;
• Sealant Repairs that Last: Hybrid Sealants for Building Restoration;
• Concrete Additives: Water-Repellency & Efflorescence Control in Masonry;
• High-Performance Green Buildings: New Materials and Methods; and
• Sustainable Design: Eco-efficiency of Roofing Insulation Systems
More information is available on the website located at www.basf.com/construction, and the link located at the bottom left titled “BASF Online Campus for Construction.”