Ten prominent members of the scaffolding and access community were recognized with awards for their dedication and service to the Scaffold Industry Association (SIA) at the industry awards dinner of the SIA's 37th Annual Conference & Exposition in San Francisco on July 23, 2009.
"The SIA is fortunate to have passionate, hard-working members who are the blood-line of our association. Every year, it is with pride that we have the opportunity to recognize such individuals and their accomplishments by means of long-standing awards!" said SIA President, Bill Breault. The awards and winners are listed below.
- Coupling Pin Award Winner: Randy Moody, Brock Group, Baytown, TX
- Hall of Fame Award: Marty Coughlin, WACO Scaffolding & Equipment, Cleveland, OH
- Outstanding Chapter President Award: Chris Moody, Brock Group, Baytown, TX
- Outstanding Company Contribution Award: ThyssenKrupp Safway, Waukesha, WI
- Outstanding Council Chairperson Award: Greg Janda, Alimek Hek, Dallas, GA
- Outstanding Service Award: Gene Morgan, Mdm Scaffolding Services, Grapevine, TX
- D. Victor Saleeby Award: Dave Glabe, DH Glabe & Associates, Westminister, CO
- Spirit Award: John Miller, Millstone Corporation, Upper Marlboro, MD
- "Unsung Hero" Award: Wendy Larison, Urban Scaffolding Ltd., Edmonton, Alberta
- Accredited Training Institute of the Year: WACO Scaffolding & Equipment, Cleveland, OH
The Scaffold Industry Association (SIA) is a non-profit trade 501(c)(6) association committed to raising the standards of professionalism within the scaffold and access industry.