RCI Inc., the Institute of Roofing, Waterproofing, and Building Envelope Professionals, announced the winners of the organization’s 2009 Document Competition during the recent 24th RCI International Convention & Trade Show in Dallas.
The document competition is an annual event recognizing members’ excellence in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior-wall construction project documentation. All entries were on display at the RCI International Trade Show.
Receiving first -place honors were:
• Excellence in Report Writing category—Richard L. Cook Jr., ADC Engineering Inc., Hanahan, SC, for entry on Clemson University Cope-Young Utility Tunnel, Clemson, SC.
• Small Roofing/Waterproofing/Exterior Wall Project Documents category, for construction valued at $500,000 or less—Richard L. Cook Jr., ADC Engineering Inc., for entry on the Charleston Gateway Center, Charleston, SC.
• Large Roofing/Waterproofing/Exterior Wall Project Documents category, for construction valued greater than $500,000—Michael Petermann, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., New York, for entry on the Gracie Towers, New York, NY.
All winning entries will be recognized in an upcoming issue of Interface, RCI’s monthly technical journal. A summary of the competition’s first-, second-, and third-place winners from each category will be featured.
For more information, contact RCI at 800-828-1902 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RCI also elected its 2009-2010 board of directors during the International Convention and Trade Show in Dallas. They are:
• President David R. Hawn, Dedicated Roof & Hydro-Solutions LLC, Centreville, VA;
• First Vice President Robert J. Elsdon, Elsdon Consulting, Surrey, British Columbia;
• Second Vice President Richard L. Cook Jr., ADC Engineering Inc., Hanahan, SC;
• Secretary/Treasurer Arthur P. Ward III, Ward Consulting Inc., Kennesaw, GA;
• Immediate Past President John L. Willers, Rooftop Systems Engineers, Raleigh, NC;
• Executive Vice President & CEO James R. Birdsong, RCI, Raleigh, NC;
• Region I director Douglas R. Stieve, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., New York, NY;
• Region II director Sidney I. Hankins III, Roof Design and Consulting Services Inc., Knoxville, TN;
• Region III director Thomas M. Gernetzke, Facility Engineering Inc., Madison, WI;
• Region IV director Gary Weaver, Atlas Consulting Inc., Irvine, CA; and
• Region V director Brandon Hexham, Pinnacle Group Inc., Richmond Hill, Ontario.