The Sherwin-Williams Company issued several product announcements at the recent PACE 2009 (Paint and Coatings Expo) in New Orleans, LA. The announcements included:
• An expansion of the ProGreen 200 interior paint line with a low-sheen finish reported to offer greater ease of application and hiding of surface imperfections better in an environmentally friendly formula. The product is now available in primer, flat, semi-gloss, eggshell, and low-sheen versions, and is described as low in odor and VOCs, with the company’s GreenSure® designation for products designed and manufactured to reduce environmental impact without sacrificing performance. The products in the paint line are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GREENGUARD Certified for Children & SchoolsSM by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, the company says.
• Enhancements to Duration Home™ low-odor, low-VOC paint, with matte and satin gloss levels for a smoother, more uniform finish and even better washability; an improved semi-gloss sheen that delivers a faster-curing block resistance and nonstick finish; strengthened washability for removal of stains; and high reflective base for brighter, cleaner colors. Duration Home is formulated with antimicrobial properties to inhibit the growth of mold or mildew on the paint film, and to resist stain penetration. The product also carries Sherwin-Williams GreenSure ® designation and is packaged in plastic containers that are 100% recycled from post-consumer resin.
• Enhancements to SuperPaint® interior flat and satin sheen products, including less drag for easier application; improved flow, leveling, and spatter control for a smoother finish; stronger durability, washability, and scrub for stain resistance; a high reflective base for better matching of whiter, lighter, and brighter colors and a low-VOC formula to meet compliance standards in all states.
• The addition of a gloss sheen level to the Resilience paint line, which was introduced in flat and satin finishes last year. The gloss version is recommended for exterior trim work, and is reported to provide intense color to make doorways and window trim stand out. The product’s MoistureGuard™ Technology is reported to provide moisture resistance quickly, is low in VOCs, and contains the company’s VinylSafe™ Color Technology to allow painting of vinyl siding in dark colors without leading to buckling or warping from the sun’s heat.
• Reformulation of SuperPaint and A-100 exterior coatings, with application enhancements in gloss sheens for increased hide, improved flow and leveling, and a lower VOC level.
More information: www.sherwin-williams.com, www.swgreenspecs.com.