PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY: Rapid-Cure Roofing System
Monday, February 16, 2009
Tremco Inc. introduced the ICE (Instant Cure Emulsion) System, a three-component roofing system that cures in as few as four hours compared to a typical cure time of 30 days for systems with asphalt-based adhesives.
The three components of the patent-pending system are the following.
- ICE Adhesive, a sprayable, water-based asphalt emulsion designed for use with ICE Reinforcing Fabric.
- ICE Reinforcing Fabric, high-tensile reinforcing fabric treated with a catalyst that causes a fast break of water from the system, allowing it to set within minutes and cure within four hours under most conditions when applied in the system’s adhesive. Cure time depends on weather conditions and other factors and can only be determined on a project-by-project basis, the company says.
- ICE Coating, a highly reflective, low-VOC, acrylic, elastomeric roof coating that meets the requirements of ENERGY STAR, the Cool Roof Rating Council, and California revised Title 24 Energy Code. The coating is based on a patented nanotechnology desiged to enhance durability, reflectivity, and early ponded-water resistance. The reflectivity (.86) and emissivity (.93) equate to a Solar Reflectance Index of 108, exceeding the LEED® requirement of .78 for reflective roof coatings.
The system is approved by UL and FM Global and is low in odor, the company says.
More information: www.tremcoroofing.com.
Reflective roof coatings;
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
DH Tech has the most innovative and
reliable equipment available to
IT'S UNDER CONTROL!
Helping You Put Your Products To The Test
• Outdoor Accelerated
• Laboratory Testing
• Accelerated Weathering
Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip it, clean it, and profile it,
all dust free! High production
rates and Blast like finishes.
Comply with new lead
HIGH PERFORMANCE ABRASIVES
“Made in the USA!”
Why recycle waste from other countries? Go FASTER, CLEANER, at 1/3 THE COST with
MR&R “All-American” Sharpshot®HP!!
WATCH THE VIDEO
OUR INDUSTRY IS CHANGING!
We should know.
We’re the ones leading the way.
Cleverly simple. Clearly ADI.
Rubber In a can!
Rubberized Spray in a
Handy Aerosol Can
• Stays flexible
• Seals off moisture penetration
• Non sagging formulation
• Will not crack, chip or peel
• Apply to wet and dry surfaces
Hyrdrocarbon Fire & Jet Fire Protection
Pyroclad X1 is the latest breakthrough in epoxy based intumescent fireproofing technology