ASHRAE announced plans for a satellite broadcast, “Clean, Lean, and Green—IAQ for Sustainable Buildings,” scheduled for 1-5 p.m. EDT April 22.
The free broadcast, sponsored by ASHRAE’s Chapter Technology Transfer Committee with support from the U.S. EPA, will challenge the building community to use good IAQ practices to create a more sustainable built environment, the organization said. The program will highlight guidance from the publication IAQ Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction, and Commissioning, developed collaboratively by ASHRAE, AIA, EPA, the U.S. Green Building Council, and other participants.
Broadcast speakers and their topics are:
· Martha Hewett, Center for Energy & Environment, Minneapolis, MN, “Practical, Proven Strategies to Deliver Better IAQ”;
· Hoy Bohanon, P.E., Bohanon Engineering PLLC, Winston-Salem, NC, “Improving Your IAQ and Reducing Your Energy Costs through HVAC Design”;
· H.E. Barney Burroughs, Building Wellness Consultancy Inc., Atlanta, GA, “Keeping Buildings Clean: Avoiding and Building Control of Contaminants to Attain and Maintain IAQ Acceptability”;
· George DuBose, Liberty Building Forensics Group, Orlando, FL, “Avoiding Costly IAQ Problems in the Building Envelope”; and
· John McFarland, P.E., WorkingBuildings LLC, Atlanta, GA, “Integrating Good IAQ into the Design & Construction Process.”
More information is available on the website located at www.ashrae.org/iaqbroadcast or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. Online registration for satellite site coordinators and webcast viewers will begin March 2, and viewer registration will begin March 16. There is no fee for registration.