PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY: Reformulated Low-VOC Coatings
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Sto Corp. announced that the majority of its coatings line of building products has been adjusted to meet new, low-VOC regulations that went into effect in southern California on July 1. The company said the products’ VOC levels will meet the most stringent such requirements in the U.S., set by the South Coast Air Quality Management District’s Rule 1113.
The company said the formula adjustments also reflect its pending implementation of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Specifically, the affected Sto products are:
- Sto Metallic Coating, a high-gloss, water-based, acrylic coating with metallic sparkle;
- StoCoat Acryl, an acrylic interior and exterior coating;
- StoCoat Color, an acrylic interior and exterior wall coating used;
- StoTique, an exterior and interior coating;
- Stolastic Sand, an elastomeric, acrylic decorative coating that weatherproofs and bridges hairline cracks;
- Stolastic, an elastomeric, acrylic decorative coating that weatherproofs and bridges hairline cracks;
- StoSilco Lastic, an elastomeric, silicone-emulsion decorative coating that is weatherproof, dirt-resistant, and mildew-resistant, and bridges hairline cracks;
- StoSilco Shield, a silicone enhanced smooth wall coating;
- Sto Concrete Coating Smooth, an acrylic-based interior and exterior coating;
- StoCoat Acryl Plus,an acrylic-based coating that protects against weather, salts and environmental pollutants;
- StoCoat Acryl Medium, an acrylic-based protective finish for horizontal surfaces;
- Sto Hot Prime, a primer used on vertical above-grade interior or exterior surfaces;
- Sto Plex W, a water-based surface conditioner used for restoring absorptive or chalking vertical concrete masonry, or stucco wall surfaces;
More information: www.stocorp.com.
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
HEMPEL PROTECTIVE COATINGS
Efficient systems and high quality products to reduce your maintenance costs. Visit Hempel Protective for more information.
Hyrdrocarbon Fire & Jet Fire Protection
Pyroclad X1 is the latest breakthrough in epoxy based intumescent fireproofing technology
Wasser Coatings Protect
some of the most important bridges in the country; learn about our NEPCOAT-approved system and our entire range of MCU & Polyurea coatings.
Polyflex® Polyurea Linings
exhibit outstanding versatility in use; providing abrasion resistance, superior seamless waterproofing and high-chem corrosion protection. www.polyflexlinings.com
Is coming back, is more competitive, and is higher
Well EDCO never left, we never lost our competitiveness, and we
have always maintained
our high level of quality.
Call 800-638-3326 or visit
us @ edcoinc.com
DH Tech has the most innovative and
reliable equipment available to
IT'S UNDER CONTROL!
Termarust (HR CSA) Chemically Stops
Pipeline Utility Aerial crossings coated since 1992. Termarust's (HR CSA) was used to overcoat lead paint and preserve cables, pipes and support towers.