PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY: Reformulated Low-VOC Coatings
Friday, October 31, 2008
Sto Corp. announced that the majority of its coatings line of building products has been adjusted to meet new, low-VOC regulations that went into effect in southern California on July 1. The company said the products’ VOC levels will meet the most stringent such requirements in the U.S., set by the South Coast Air Quality Management District’s Rule 1113.
The company said the formula adjustments also reflect its pending implementation of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Specifically, the affected Sto products are:
- Sto Metallic Coating, a high-gloss, water-based, acrylic coating with metallic sparkle;
- StoCoat Acryl, an acrylic interior and exterior coating;
- StoCoat Color, an acrylic interior and exterior wall coating used;
- StoTique, an exterior and interior coating;
- Stolastic Sand, an elastomeric, acrylic decorative coating that weatherproofs and bridges hairline cracks;
- Stolastic, an elastomeric, acrylic decorative coating that weatherproofs and bridges hairline cracks;
- StoSilco Lastic, an elastomeric, silicone-emulsion decorative coating that is weatherproof, dirt-resistant, and mildew-resistant, and bridges hairline cracks;
- StoSilco Shield, a silicone enhanced smooth wall coating;
- Sto Concrete Coating Smooth, an acrylic-based interior and exterior coating;
- StoCoat Acryl Plus,an acrylic-based coating that protects against weather, salts and environmental pollutants;
- StoCoat Acryl Medium, an acrylic-based protective finish for horizontal surfaces;
- Sto Hot Prime, a primer used on vertical above-grade interior or exterior surfaces;
- Sto Plex W, a water-based surface conditioner used for restoring absorptive or chalking vertical concrete masonry, or stucco wall surfaces;
More information: www.stocorp.com.
Join the Conversation:
Sign in to our community to add your comments.
Join SSPC and Enhance
Your Career !
Pyroclad® X1 Thermo-Lag® Pyrocrete® – protecting against hydrocarbon and jet fires, explosions, and cryogenic spills.
Wasser Coatings Protect
Wasser Coatings offer a complete range of Moisture Cure Urethane (NEPCOAT approved) systems in addition to Polyurea membranes and linings(NSF).
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water:
Excellent corrosion resistance, low VOC, high gloss, thin films basf.us/industrialcoatings
HEMPEL PROTECTIVE COATINGS
Efficient systems and high quality products to reduce your maintenance costs. Visit Hempel Protective for more information.
Polyflex® Polyurea Linings
Polyflex™ new Polyurea Geotextile Membrane System has been specifically engineered to protect the environment in containment applications.
Surface Preparation Equipment
Manufacturer of needle scalers, grinders, scarifiers and scabblers. Pneumatic tools for Marine and Construction.
US distributor CS Unitec: 800-700-5919
NO FLASH RUST -
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. It has no equal; only wannabees.
Contact us for your
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
Built from the ground up.
Dust Collectors Available!
We deliver to your Jobsite!
Built Tough! Priced Right!
Modern Safety Techniques
See our Low Temperature Catalyst for your CO removal needs. Help to provide your
workers with safe, comfortable breathing air!