The American Coatings Association (ACA) announced a call for technical papers and student posters for the 2011 CoatingsTech Conference, scheduled for March 14-16, 2011, at the Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare.
Carrying a theme of “The New Face of Innovation,” the second biennial conference will provide a multi-track forum for professionals in the coatings industry. The ACA said sessions will address advances in the coatings industry and offer a look at the future of coatings technology from industry leaders.
The CoatingsTech Conference Task Force is seeking papers in the following areas:
• Advances in Analytical Methods
• Corrosion and Adhesion
• Concrete Coatings
• Green Chemistry
• High Throughput
• Waterborne Technology
• Regulation/Legislative Update
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Oct. 1, 2010, with notification of paper acceptance to be issued Nov. 1. The deadline for submission of completed papers is Feb. 11, 2011.
Also planned for the conference are the following technical-paper competition programs.
• Roon Awards—submitted abstracts must be directly related to the protective coatings industry, and the paper must be original work not previously published. The submission deadline is Sept. 15, 2010.
• John A. Gordon Best Paper Award—submitted abstracts will be evaluated on technical merit, including objectivity and experimental design, and papers must be relevant to coatings technology and its impact on the coatings industry. The submission deadline is Oct. 1, 2010.
• A.L. Hendry Student Award—submitted abstracts must be results of original research on a subject related to coatings technology, or present a significantly insightful, comprehensive review of a field of coatings technology. The submission deadline is Oct. 1, 2010.
• Student Poster Sessions—participants should submit a proposed title and a maximum 300-word abstract of the poster. Each entry will be provided a display board to highlight the research project and must be staffed during the scheduled poster session times. Displays will be judged on the following criteria: (1) scientific content, (2) originality/novelty, and (3) quality of display. The submission deadline is Oct. 31, 2010.
For more information on the call for papers criteria, contact ACA's Starsha Valentine at 202/462-6272, e-mail email@example.com. The ACA website is located at www.paint.org.