Nuclear Power Plant Coatings Inspection Course
|Date:||June 9, 2011 - July 11, 2011
|Location:||KTA-Tator Inc., 115 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275
|Phone:||412.788.1300, ext. 217
|Registration Deadline: July 12, 2011
$995 if paid by July 12, 2011
$1,095 if invoiced
Designed for nuclear facility owners, engineers, nuclear coatings inspectors, nuclear inspection supervisors, QA & QC personnel, coating contractors who work in existing and new facilities, and plant equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Participants will learn to:
• Identify the purpose, requirements and type of coatings used in Service Level I, II, & III.
• Use inspection instruments and document coatings inspection in compliance with applicable ASTM/ANSI Standards.
• Recognize the safety-related issues of coatings and the consequences of coating failure on the safe shutdown of a nuclear facility.
• Identify current regulations and standards applicable to Quality Assurance/Quality Control, and coatings installation, inspection and repair in both operational and new power generating plants.
Two exams will be administered: A written test and a timed, practical examination on the use of coatings instruments and testing equipment. A minimum score of 80% on both examinations is required to receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a Certificate of Completion.
Elcometer 106 Pull-Off Adhesion Tester
Portable, easy to operate; Provides numerical value for adhesion; Comes in carrying case - Ideal for site tests; No power supply necessary.
KTA-TATOR LABORATORY SERVICES
• Coating failure analysis
• Toxic metals testing
• A2LA Accredited
Gauges Meet IMO-PSPC & SSPC-PA2 Requirements
• USB or optional Bluetooth
• Custom inspection reports
• Excellent on edges & rough surfaces; Optimum accuracy
• Largest selection of probes to meet challenging situations
Call Fischer: 800-243-8417
Don’t miss an issue!
JPCL EUROPE offers essential
news and knowledge for protective
and marine coatings professionals in
Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
PosiTector Dew Point Meter
Measures and records
during surface prep and
painting. 4 Models
Available – Standard
or Advanced features,
Built-in or Separate probe.
Moisture problems in your air lines?
Van Air Systems' Blast Pak is a portable compressed air drying system that reduces downtime in all blasting and coating applications.
Our 3,500 locations give you a level of service that is simply unmatched.