||TX - Houston TX
The position will be accountable for implementing onshore and offshore painting projects in the Gulf Coast Area. Activities will include all aspects pertaining to guiding the organization to maintain PHMSA and BOEM regulatory compliance through preventative maintenance and remedial painting projects. Successful candidate will work with Operations, Contractors and Vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost. This position is essentially a project manager who will take data from the Pipeline Integrity offshore annual inspections, prioritize the Company needs, develop a scope and budget, bid and select contractors, select inspectors, and follow existing WGP painting specifications and adhere to WGP Policies and Procedures. Candidate must be a subject matter expert in atmospheric coating, providing coating and coating selection related support. Will be required to maintain quality control of painting applications, as well as manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections, and preventative maintenance work on offshore topside structures. Successful candidate will also be responsible for training and developing company personnel as painting inspectors and be a resource for onshore paining as time and schedules allow.
This position involves 50 - 75% of travel within the Gulf Coast area. The successful candidate should reside near the Cypress Division office in north Houston.
- The position will be accountable for implementing painting inspection and remedial actions. Activities will include guiding the organization in preventative maintenance and applicable inspections while cooperatively working with Operations, Asset Integrity, Williams coating SMEs, contractors and vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost.
- This position will work with the Pipeline Integrity Technicians to prioritize painting needs within the defined work area.
- For this posting, Williams Policies and Procedures refers to the WIMS (Williams Integrity Management System) manual under creation at the time of this posting.
- -Planning, budgeting and coordinating painting projects.
- -Maintain and improve the coatings of onshore plants, aboveground tanks, and offshore platforms.
- -Coating SME, providing coating and coating design related support.
- -Responsible for qualifying, hiring and scheduling contractors, inspectors and vendors.
- -Responsible for writing work plans for onshore or offshore work when using contractors.
- Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric inspection policies and procedures. Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric coating and painting policies and procedures for onshore and offshore assets.
- Utilize existing American Innovations PCS database of atmospheric inspections to prioritize, record, and track remediation as required per Williams’ corrosion policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Quality control of painting applications
- Inspection of offshore platform structural elements
- Manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections
- Manage preventative maintenance work on topside structures and plants
- Run remaining strength calculations and become familiar with repair techniques per Williams policies and procedures.
- Maintain coating standards per Williams’ policies and procedures.
- Perform warranty inspections on recent painting projects by contractors working for Williams.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
Termarust (HR CSA) Chemically Stops
Arch truss treated with Termarust's (HR CSA) in 2003. This steel arch bridge is rust free on all surfaces including the crevice corroded joints and connections.
Robotic Blasting and Painting
When using the FasterBlaster and FasterPainter, blasting and painting can be conducted simultaneously. View the video for a full explanation of the operation.
Humidity & Temperature Control Equipment
Rental Desiccant Dehumidifiers, ArcticDRY Units, Air Conditioners, Heaters and Generators to help control the climate on your next industrial painting project. Nationwide locations, 24/7 service: (866) 379-2600 www.drycogroup.com”
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
Carboline is pouring with opportunities
We are proud of our exceptional products and services, and believe that people are our greatest asset. Come grow with us!
US Minerals -
With nationwide production and distribution capabilities, U.S. Minerals supplies a complete range of coal slag and other abrasives to meet all of your blasting needs.
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water!
Excellent corrosion resistance,
low VOC, high gloss, thin films
Join SSPC and Enhance
Your Career !