||TX - Houston TX
The position will be accountable for implementing onshore and offshore painting projects in the Gulf Coast Area. Activities will include all aspects pertaining to guiding the organization to maintain PHMSA and BOEM regulatory compliance through preventative maintenance and remedial painting projects. Successful candidate will work with Operations, Contractors and Vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost. This position is essentially a project manager who will take data from the Pipeline Integrity offshore annual inspections, prioritize the Company needs, develop a scope and budget, bid and select contractors, select inspectors, and follow existing WGP painting specifications and adhere to WGP Policies and Procedures. Candidate must be a subject matter expert in atmospheric coating, providing coating and coating selection related support. Will be required to maintain quality control of painting applications, as well as manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections, and preventative maintenance work on offshore topside structures. Successful candidate will also be responsible for training and developing company personnel as painting inspectors and be a resource for onshore paining as time and schedules allow.
This position involves 50 - 75% of travel within the Gulf Coast area. The successful candidate should reside near the Cypress Division office in north Houston.
- The position will be accountable for implementing painting inspection and remedial actions. Activities will include guiding the organization in preventative maintenance and applicable inspections while cooperatively working with Operations, Asset Integrity, Williams coating SMEs, contractors and vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost.
- This position will work with the Pipeline Integrity Technicians to prioritize painting needs within the defined work area.
- For this posting, Williams Policies and Procedures refers to the WIMS (Williams Integrity Management System) manual under creation at the time of this posting.
- -Planning, budgeting and coordinating painting projects.
- -Maintain and improve the coatings of onshore plants, aboveground tanks, and offshore platforms.
- -Coating SME, providing coating and coating design related support.
- -Responsible for qualifying, hiring and scheduling contractors, inspectors and vendors.
- -Responsible for writing work plans for onshore or offshore work when using contractors.
- Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric inspection policies and procedures. Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric coating and painting policies and procedures for onshore and offshore assets.
- Utilize existing American Innovations PCS database of atmospheric inspections to prioritize, record, and track remediation as required per Williams’ corrosion policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Quality control of painting applications
- Inspection of offshore platform structural elements
- Manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections
- Manage preventative maintenance work on topside structures and plants
- Run remaining strength calculations and become familiar with repair techniques per Williams policies and procedures.
- Maintain coating standards per Williams’ policies and procedures.
- Perform warranty inspections on recent painting projects by contractors working for Williams.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Blastox® - One Step Lead Abatement
Sandblast additive delivered to jobsite pre-blended to eliminate hazardous abrasive wastes. Why mix, meter or apply at the job-site? Blast with ease and
Let your painters paint!
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
HOLD*BLAST: Buy time for pennies per sq ft.
* Stop flash rust
* Vapor blasting
* Wet blasting
* UHP water jetting
* No residue
Termarust (HR CSA) Chemically Stops
Arch truss treated with Termarust's (HR CSA) in 2003. This steel arch bridge is rust free on all surfaces including the crevice corroded joints and connections.
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
Schmidt Improves Conversion Kits
Schmidt's conversion kits turn out-of-date blast pots into high quality, efficient blasters. Quick, easy to
install with step by step
NLB Sure Shroud: Greater Protection and Flexibility
NLB’s Sure Shroud’s lighter weight and flexibility reduces operator fatigue and offers unmatched protection against high pressure hose ruptures. 10k to 40k psi rated.
BUILDING INNOVATION, NOT IMITATION
The smallest version of our Blast Vacuum Recyclers,
this ADI 2300CFM 2-Pot is a cleverly designed power package
for those smaller jobs.
Your Access Advantage. QUIKDECK®
Provides safe, factory-floor-like working conditions. Can be engineered to fit almost any shape, structure or size. Modular platform easily assembled from just a few basic components. Excellent containment. Applications include vessels, offshore rigs and bridges.