||TX - Houston TX
The position will be accountable for implementing onshore and offshore painting projects in the Gulf Coast Area. Activities will include all aspects pertaining to guiding the organization to maintain PHMSA and BOEM regulatory compliance through preventative maintenance and remedial painting projects. Successful candidate will work with Operations, Contractors and Vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost. This position is essentially a project manager who will take data from the Pipeline Integrity offshore annual inspections, prioritize the Company needs, develop a scope and budget, bid and select contractors, select inspectors, and follow existing WGP painting specifications and adhere to WGP Policies and Procedures. Candidate must be a subject matter expert in atmospheric coating, providing coating and coating selection related support. Will be required to maintain quality control of painting applications, as well as manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections, and preventative maintenance work on offshore topside structures. Successful candidate will also be responsible for training and developing company personnel as painting inspectors and be a resource for onshore paining as time and schedules allow.
This position involves 50 - 75% of travel within the Gulf Coast area. The successful candidate should reside near the Cypress Division office in north Houston.
- The position will be accountable for implementing painting inspection and remedial actions. Activities will include guiding the organization in preventative maintenance and applicable inspections while cooperatively working with Operations, Asset Integrity, Williams coating SMEs, contractors and vendors during all phases of these tasks with focus on safety, integrity, reliability, and cost.
- This position will work with the Pipeline Integrity Technicians to prioritize painting needs within the defined work area.
- For this posting, Williams Policies and Procedures refers to the WIMS (Williams Integrity Management System) manual under creation at the time of this posting.
- -Planning, budgeting and coordinating painting projects.
- -Maintain and improve the coatings of onshore plants, aboveground tanks, and offshore platforms.
- -Coating SME, providing coating and coating design related support.
- -Responsible for qualifying, hiring and scheduling contractors, inspectors and vendors.
- -Responsible for writing work plans for onshore or offshore work when using contractors.
- Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric inspection policies and procedures. Use and adhere to Williams atmospheric coating and painting policies and procedures for onshore and offshore assets.
- Utilize existing American Innovations PCS database of atmospheric inspections to prioritize, record, and track remediation as required per Williams’ corrosion policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Quality control of painting applications
- Inspection of offshore platform structural elements
- Manage corrosion remediation identified during painting and other inspections
- Manage preventative maintenance work on topside structures and plants
- Run remaining strength calculations and become familiar with repair techniques per Williams policies and procedures.
- Maintain coating standards per Williams’ policies and procedures.
- Perform warranty inspections on recent painting projects by contractors working for Williams.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
GOT LEAD? Specify Pretox System products
The ONLY Lead Stabilizer
Compatible with All
Paint Removal Methods.
Works with all Blast Media:
Grits | Recyclable Abrasives
| CO2 | Water | Power Tools | Etc.
Call Dave Steffen at 800.338.8296.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
NLB Sure Shroud: Greater Protection and Flexibility
NLB’s Sure Shroud’s lighter weight and flexibility reduces operator fatigue and offers unmatched protection against high pressure hose ruptures. 10k to 40k psi rated.
to see what we did to this dust collector!
ADI can increase the efficiency and life of
your equipment! Any brand, for less than new!
Best ANSI/NSF 61.5 Approved Potable Water Polyurea
VersaFlex Polyurea Earns Highest ANSI/NSF 61.5 Rating for High Temp Service, Minimum Tank Size and Max Thickness. Watch this FREE Webinar Today! Call 800-321-0906
Check our Prices for Blast Abrasives
Faced with higher abrasive
costs? We invite you to
call & check our rates
on Black Magic® coal slag
and other quality blast materials.
Abrasives Inc. 800-584-7524
Safety, Productivity, Quality. Robotic Blasting
Learn how this simple to use, field deployed, automatic robot is eliminating hazards in major confined, cluttered and complex surface preparation projects.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800