Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Job Title: Material Planner
Reports to: Manager – Manufacturing, Planning & Distribution
The Material Planner will plan and maintain proper levels of material to support the production schedule to meet our customers requested delivery date. Coordinate the introduction of new products to the factory. This position will also schedule work centers to achieve optimal levels of customer service, inventory and asset utilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze MRP reports and take appropriate action. Create and release production orders on a daily basis to achieve the production plan and customers requested delivery date. Create purchase requisitions on a daily basis to achieve the production plan and to meet our customers requested delivery date.
• Communicate the production plan to the supervisors and assemblers through the use of the production scheduling board.
• Schedule and re-schedule production orders to maintain integrity of due-in dates.
• Coordinate the procurement of materials for new products by maintaining schedules and status reports.
• Perform required functions within SAP to ensure inventory accuracy. Maintain proper revision documentation to avoid obsolescence of inventory and to maintain the inventory integrity.
• Analyze on a continuous basis the product lead-time, lot size and safety stock levels.
• Level load the work centers whenever possible, communicate under/over load conditions to the shop floor supervisors and manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Production and office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.