The CEI Senior Bridge Inspector performs quality assurance assessments to ensure that construction matches the contracted services. The CEI Senior Bridge Inspector may lead a team of inspectors on large projects. Under the supervision and direction of the CEI Senior Project Engineer or CEI Project Administrator/Project Engineer, the duties of this position include verifying construction and completing work in accordance with the construction Contract documents. The CEI Senior Bridge Inspector provides surveillance of the Contractor's Quality Control activities at the project site. Duties also include maintaining a daily log of construction and inspection activities and comparing progress reports. This position frequently works with little direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform complex technical assignments in field surveying and construction layout.
- Make and check engineering computations.
- Observe and document construction work.
- Conduct field tests.
- Coordinate activities of CEI Inspectors and CEI Inspector’s Aides.
- Confer with CEI Project Administrator/CEI Project Engineer to determine project details, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and field conditions evaluation.
- Confer with CEI Project Administrator/CEI Project Engineer to ensure that production and staff problems are resolved.
- Examine work progress, equipment, and construction sites to compare actual activities to specifications.
- Estimate job requirements.
- Provide advice on technical construction matters to client, Contractor, CEI Inspectors, and CEI Project Administrator/Project Engineer.
- Plan and conduct field surveys to detail project sites and confirm existing conditions.
- Perform quality assurance assessments - assessing the actual to contracted service, materials, and construction.
- Act as a liaison between Company staff, client, and Contractors.
- Inspect, sample, and test materials entering into the work in accordance with the plans, specifications, and special provisions for the construction Contract to determine that projects are constructed in reasonable conformity with such documents.
- Meet deadlines.
- Communicate with Company staff frequently using email and telephone.
- Complete a detailed daily log of construction and inspection activities.\
- Maintain a safe work environment.