Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Senior Welding Engineer in our Duluth, MN Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for construction welding programs including development of specs and procedures for liquid and gas pipeline construction, facility construction, and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Lead the evolution of welding best practices by providing recommendations based on execution experiences and industry trends.
- Act as the company Welding Expert and mentor both employees and clients in the science and practical aspects of welding.
- Support field engineers with identification and root cause corrective action for weld flaws.
- Ensure design approaches are in compliance with applicable codes, industry standards and client standards, including safety standards.
- Participate as a design team member to review designs from a ‘Design for Welding’ perspective to identify and mitigate construction related welding risks.
- Develop Construction Welding Inspection execution and NDT programs.
- May represent the company as a welding expert in various industry forums.