DRS Technologies provides leading edge products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Focused on defense electronics, we develop and manufacture a broad range of mission critical systems and components in the areas of communications, combat systems, battlefield digitization, electro-optics, power systems, data storage, digital imaging, flight safety and space. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com
DRS Power & Control Technologies, Inc., is a leading supplier of high-performance power conversion and instrumentation & control systems for the U.S. Navy’s combatant fleet. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Performs inspection activities to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solder, weld, coating inspection
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Generate required reports
- Follow and adhere to inspection procedures
- Interact with internal/external customers and vendors on a limited basis
- Inspect to verify dimensions, including tolerances delineated on the drawing, adequate process control with procedures, standards, shop practices and workmanship including finish, tightness, burrs, cleanliness, and general appearance
- Use and interpret all drawing requirements
- Perform analysis on all mechanical and electromechanical parts and assemblies to determine compliance with drawings, specifications, and standards
- Plan daily course of action regarding work schedule with limited supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following skills and tasks: blueprint reading, bus assembly, calibration, crimping/lugging, digital library, drawing revision, non-conformance process in TIP QA, solder sleeves, torque, wire harness assemblies, wiring
- Able to use all related inspection/metrology equipment
- Understand units of measurement and conversions
- Understand specifications, industry standards, and requirements of traceability
- Able to use and interpret drawing requirements
- Able to use surface plate layouts
- Able to read and interpret geometric tolerancing
- Able to read and interpret weld markings and specifications
- Able to read and interpret concept of sample size per lots
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Adhere to time and attendance policies
- Timely completion of tasks
- Assist in directing the team
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Maintain 5S and a safe work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.