||SC - York SC
******Looking for Certificated Welder Inspector ****
Large custom structructural fabrication facility immediately hiring
Inspect overall quality of raw, prepared, fabricated, and finished products in the most efficient ways possible.
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and shop orders.
- Accurately read tape measure or other measuring devices to 1/32'.
- Be familiar with AISC, AWS, and SSPC tolerances and acceptance criteria.
- Be prepared for yearly audit, and maintain records in order to stay current on company certification.
- Perform mock AISC audit based off schedule provided by AISC auditors in sufficient time for adjustments to be made prior to AISC auditors arriving for annual audit.
- Inspect received materials in the yard at least once daily, to verify conformance to job specifications, CM Steel procedures, and codes.
- Assure that correct type, grade of materials are being used during fabrication.
- Inspect preparation of materials at the saw, beam line, shear, press brake, plasma, angle machine, ironworker machine, burn table, drill, and detail layout table, at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon, to verify that materials are being processed according to job specifications and codes.
- Inspect the fit up, welding, stud welding, and overall quality of all members to job specifications and codes, as required, using dimensional checking, and AISC and AWS acceptance criteria.
- Monitor welding processes and procedures to verify that work is in accordance with job specifications and codes.
- Inspect preparation of painted materials to verify that work is in accordance with job specifications and codes.
- Be aware and responsible of surrounding environment and safety orientated with this environment.
- Maintain good housekeeping, keeping area neat and orderly at all times.
- Answer radio promptly when called.
- Work required hours to help meet production schedule and satisfy the needs of internal customers.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Temperature Indicating Paint/Coating
protective coating that provide a visual warning that a pipe, vessel, reactor, transfer line, and similar equipment is overheating due to failure of refractory linings or the bypassing of hot gasses.
NEW PROBE FOR MEASURING TSA THICKNESS
Paired with the PHASCOPE PMP10, Fischer’s new probe is quick and accurate for measuring thermally sprayed aluminum on stainless steel. Click to learn more.
BRISTLE BLASTER® - THE ORIGINAL ONE
Surface cleanliness of SSPC-10 | Anchor profile
up to 4.7 mils | Removes corrosion & coatings |
ATEX approved for zone 1
| www.monti.com | 832-623-7970
Check our Prices for Blast Abrasives
Faced with higher abrasive
costs? We invite you to
call & check our rates
on Black Magic® coal slag
and other quality blast materials.
Abrasives Inc. 800-584-7524
The Original Performance Proven Vacuum Solutions
Vecloader™ DV 145, 350hp 6200 CFM & 28’’hg. For those big jobs, choose Vector for the most powerful trailer mounted vacuum in the industry today. 800-832-4010, 414-247-7100.
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water:
Excellent corrosion resistance, low VOC, high gloss, thin films basf.us/industrialcoatings
By integrating Schmidt's
Aftercoolers with our blast pots, these systems remove moisture from air and minimize equipment footprint on jobsite.
• Field Diagnosis
• Lab Diagnosis
• Determination of Cause
Custom blast rooms
by SAFE Systems
Don't waste time and money "making do" with a "standard" design. Let us work with you to design and build the system that best fits your requirements.