||SC - York SC
******Looking for Certificated Welder Inspector ****
Large custom structructural fabrication facility immediately hiring
Inspect overall quality of raw, prepared, fabricated, and finished products in the most efficient ways possible.
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and shop orders.
- Accurately read tape measure or other measuring devices to 1/32'.
- Be familiar with AISC, AWS, and SSPC tolerances and acceptance criteria.
- Be prepared for yearly audit, and maintain records in order to stay current on company certification.
- Perform mock AISC audit based off schedule provided by AISC auditors in sufficient time for adjustments to be made prior to AISC auditors arriving for annual audit.
- Inspect received materials in the yard at least once daily, to verify conformance to job specifications, CM Steel procedures, and codes.
- Assure that correct type, grade of materials are being used during fabrication.
- Inspect preparation of materials at the saw, beam line, shear, press brake, plasma, angle machine, ironworker machine, burn table, drill, and detail layout table, at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon, to verify that materials are being processed according to job specifications and codes.
- Inspect the fit up, welding, stud welding, and overall quality of all members to job specifications and codes, as required, using dimensional checking, and AISC and AWS acceptance criteria.
- Monitor welding processes and procedures to verify that work is in accordance with job specifications and codes.
- Inspect preparation of painted materials to verify that work is in accordance with job specifications and codes.
- Be aware and responsible of surrounding environment and safety orientated with this environment.
- Maintain good housekeeping, keeping area neat and orderly at all times.
- Answer radio promptly when called.
- Work required hours to help meet production schedule and satisfy the needs of internal customers.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
The pass-through or "daisy-chain" system by CamLok SAVES YOU MONEY!
Don Bechtol has over 40 years of experience utilizing climate control for blasting/painting projects. Call today!
¡SE HABLA ESPAÑOL!
Schmidt's VBS System reduces blowdown intensity, prevents exhaust from damaging floor while using no screens or filters.
Reduces sound; Increasing safety.
PosiTector SST Soluble Salt Tester
Measures the concentration of soluble salts on metal surfaces. Use with all Bresle patch types including the reusable, adhesive-free PosiPatch.
Portable Blast &
Trailer or skid mounted blast and recovery equipment. Systems designed for maximum versatility, environmental compliance
and overall cost savings.
MP0R with rotating display screen
Automatic rotating display screen just like your smart phone. Click for Video
Blastox® - One Step Lead Abatement
Sandblast additive delivered to jobsite pre-blended to eliminate hazardous abrasive wastes. Why mix, meter or apply at the job-site? Blast with ease and
Let your painters paint!
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sidewinder Model M2 Solvent Recycler
Combat the rising cost of gunwash, thinners, acetone & more while drastically reducing waste disposal coat.
Safeguard Assets. Ensure Productivity. HAKI®
Protect assets and equipment. Keep facilities open and operational. Maintain schedules regardless of weather. Ensure smooth and continuous production. Easy to erect. Safway is the primary distributor of HAKI® products including HAKISPAN and HAKITEC® 750 – in North America.