Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Job Title: Product Development Engineer
Reports to: Supervisor, Product Development Engineering
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for supporting new and existing products for the Industrial Coating Systems organization for worldwide markets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage multiple projects required to support new and existing products. This includes Engineering Changes Request for current product offering, addressing customer Corrective Action Requests and leading Reduction of Cost projects. Must be able to work with marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing to drive projects to completion.
• Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan
• Perform design calculations or analysis required for design of components or sub-systems. The calculations or analysis might include stress analysis, force/load/deflection on mechanical parts and air flow/pressure calculations for pneumatic components or systems.
• Make design recommendations for materials, manufacturing methods and component selections.
• Build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting data to support design verification of new products in accordance with company nVision (DMAIC stage gate) requirements
• Provide input into the creation/modification of Product Specifications in alignment with Customer Requirements
• Identify, develop and implement pre-production assembly methods and equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.