300 Nordson Dr.
Amherst, Ohio 44001
Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group
Location: Amherst, OH
Job Title: Designer, Electrical
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Type of position:
Full-Time Temporary Full-Time
Part-Time Temporary Part-Time
The Designer will be responsible for supporting the Cold Materials line of business in the production of controller and system drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Electrical design support through development of control panel layouts, electrical and interconnect drawings, fabrication drawings, and product bills of material.
• Produce quick and accurate drawings using good design skills bringing the project to completion on time. Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required.
• Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
• Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve system design.
• Work with application engineering, staging, and suppliers to improve design detail and accuracy of Cold Materials controller designs and drawings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
• Associate technical degree required.
• 5-7 years experience as an electrical designer with strong AutoCAD experiences.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD electrical. Solidworks experience a plus.
• Experience in control panel and PLC panel layouts. Experience producing electrical schematics and interconnect drawings.
• Experience in selecting and sizing electrical components and wiring, familiarization with local and international codes safety codes.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Electrical design experience.
• Experience in electrical component identification and certification requirements. (UL, CE, NEC codes)
• Past experience working at panel shop a plus.
• Self-starter with good communication skills.
• Individual must be well rounded, accountable, flexible, and known to complete tasks on time.
• Ability to work with minimal direction to work through design issues both individually and as a team member.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.