||CO - Boulder CO
Director of Optical Coating
Reporting to the Vice President of Operation, the Director of Optical Coating will lead a department of 25-30 staff members working on multiple shifts and manage the activities related to the engineering and manufacturing of coated optics. This team is responsible for delivering quality products on time and with high yields. Other key duties included driving continuous improvements in productivity and equipment utilizations, as well as supporting the smooth introduction of new products and processes. As the head of the coating department, this person is responsible for all related activities including nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide organizational and technical leadership to the Coating staff.
- Assure high-yield manufacturing with high equipment utilization, and implement scalable processes to match the production volume to the growing demand.
- Meet or exceed customer specifications and on-time delivery requirements.
- Plan and implement manufacturing improvement projects according to Return on Investment.
- Prepares CAPX analysis and budgets that supports production volumes, metrology, test, manufacturing improvements and equipment requirements.
- Assure proper staffing levels, with a well-trained and motivated work force.
- Ensure that production processes are well-documented, and avoid problems through a combination of state-of-the art training, preventative maintenance and root-cause analysis. Rapidly resolve any problems that do arise. Follow problem resolution with insightful analysis and improved procedures.
- Facilitate Engineering developments in a timely manner, as required.
- Ensure a smooth and timely hand-off of new processes from Engineering.
Other duties/ functions as determined by business need or assigned by the Site Leader or his/her designate
Education / Experience:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Optics, Physics, Materials Science or related field, and fifteen years of experience in an industrial coating environment.
- At least seven years of successful management experience.
- To be effective in this role the applicant must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must have a clear ability to lead and mentor a sizable staff, including supervisors, associates, technicians, engineers and maintenance personnel, while offering insightful judgment and decisive decision making.
- Must be data driven and results oriented.
- The opportunity will require a mix of Operations planning, including capacity management and staffing on a multi-shift basis, optical, mechanical, optical metrology and test, and knowledge of coating processes and equipment.
- Experience with thin-film deposition on optical glass is essential. Experience with ion-beam sputtering is a plus, but if not must have the ability to learn quickly.
- The right person will enjoy the challenge of a dynamic, small company environment and will be able to implement, document and otherwise clearly communicate the solution to an array of coating issues. This person will be both a true leader and a team player.
This position may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Apply at www.idexcorp.com
EOE/M/F/D/V Drug-free Workplace
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
2016 WJTA-IMCA Expo Nov. 2-3, New Orleans
See the latest advances in automated and handheld UHP waterjetting tools/systems for paint/coating removal, surface prep, industrial cleaning. Exhibits, live demos.
Performance Amine 1,3-BAC
A highly reactive cycloaliphatic diamine offering superior performance. Reasonable cost and curing efficacy makes it suitable for all types of epoxy resin applications.
SSPC C3 & C5 TRAINING
QUALITY PROGRAM/CERTIFICATION SUPPORT – ISO,NQA-1, AISC SSPC QP and QS.
MONITORING-Environmental and worker monitoring
CONSULTING & INSPECTION – Coatings, EHS, and compliance.
• Plate Fabrication
• Structural Steel
DESCO Mfg.Co., Inc.www.descomfg.com
Robotic Blast Cleaning & Painting News
RBW Enterprises has the only portable blast cleaning machine that can clean both horizontal and vertical surfaces, and pipe See more Videos at www.rbwe.com
Sika® Industrial Floor Coatings
Click to learn about floor and wall systems relied upon for performance, durability, easy maintenance and aesthetics across the every industry and environment.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
Blastox® - One Step Lead Abatement
Sandblast additive delivered to jobsite pre-blended to eliminate hazardous abrasive wastes. Why mix, meter or apply at the job-site? Blast with ease and
Let your painters paint!
Remove Rust, Paint and More!
Remove coatings, corrosion & produce keyed surfaces with CS Unitec's floor planers. 8" & 10" cutting width. Gas, air & electric models. firstname.lastname@example.org