The Coating Technician is responsible for applying different types of coating and paints and preparing surfaces for product application according to department production guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Abrasive blasting and application of industrial coatings (zinc, epoxy and polyurethane) to industrial valves.
• Read job orders and inspect work pieces to determine work procedures and materials required.
• Prepare surfaces to be coated and painted, including blasting to profile
• Inspect blasted and finished surfaces of work pieces to verify conformance to specifications and retouch any defective areas.
• Clean and maintain tools and equipment, using solvents, brushes, and rags.
• Communicate daily status of current projects to Site Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within company and contractor standards.
• Clean surfaces of work pieces in preparation for coating, using cleaning fluids, solvents, brushes, scrapers, steam, sandpaper, or cloth.
• Rinse, drain, or wipe coated work pieces to remove excess coating material or to facilitate setting of finish coats on work pieces.
• Place coated work pieces in ovens or dryers for specified times to dry or harden finishes.
• Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substances according to specifications
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
• Significant overtime and weekend work required.