Job Classification: Exempt
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Job Summary:Basic Function:
Manages Quality Control department and personnel to assure that product meets ASME Code, Industry and
Customer Standards. Assures that the company quality program and quality objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
1. Assures that all products meet the ASME Code, Customer Specifications, and Industry Standards in a quality and timely manner.
2. Leads and directs the work of QC and Receiving Inspection departments.
3. Arrange and attend customer pre-fabrication meetings.
4. Review customer specifications prior to fabrication and identify inspection points. Notify customer of scheduled holds for performing inspections. Prepares Quality Inspection Test Plans (ITP).
5. Review final drawing and engineering package prior to fabrication. Notify engineering of any calculation or drawing discrepancies.
6. Maintain Q.C. records and reports such as but not limited to: welding procedure specifications, welder operator
performance qualifications, welder continuity records/log, nonconformance reports.
7. Maintain calibration records of NDT equipment, pressure test gauges, measuring equipment, and others as applicable.
8. Prepare and maintain QC job file: drawings, Bill of Material (BOM), Material Test Reports (MTR), NDT records, etc.
9. Performs or delegates visual and/or dimensional inspection of parts and components to support production
10. Oversees the evaluation of the finished product for quality and reliability.
11. Performs or delegates NDT testing, paint/coating inspection, and/or final inspection prior to shipment, as needed.
12. Maintain lab test records such as: charpy impact testing, chemistry, etc.
13. Generate ASME/NBIC Code Data Reports and Code Data packages. Review for accuracy and completeness.
14. Arrange for and schedule subcontractors, customer inspectors, and Code personnel as needed.
15. Provide job status reporting as needed to both internal and external customers.
16. Perform customer feedback and document as need. Initiates Corrective Action and resolution.
17. Assigns tasks to inspectors based on individual capabilities.
18. Applies statistical tools to aid in problem solving and process improvement.
19. Assures that quality inspection work is performed in a safe manner within company and industry practices and standards.
? Minimum of Associate Degree in applicable engineering discipline (i.e., QAIQC, Mechanical, or Materials)
? ASQ, Six Sigma, or Lean Manufacturing Certificate a plus
? Experience in ISO Standards and document control management
? Knowledge of the ASME Code, NIBC code, TEMA, and API industry standards
? Current or prior Certification in AWS, CWI, or NDT Level II (MT, PT, RT, etc.)
? Knowledge of various manufacturing processes such as machining, drilling, weld fabrication, assembly and testing of heat exchangers or vessels.
? Application of statistical charting, root cause analysis, corrective action and problem solving tools for process improvement
? Good communication both written and verbal form.
? Comprehension of technical specification & requirements.
? PC proficient and general understanding of Excel, Word, and other computer aided programs
? Minimum of five (5) years in QAIQC or engineering related fields
? Minimum of five (5) years in supervising, developing and leading team members
? Normal office/shop environment, noisy, dusty, hot, cold, able to lift minimum of 50 lbs., able to stoop, bend, and short climb.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V