Willbros Engineers is looking for a Senior Field Technician to join our Houston, TX team.
An incumbant will work with experienced engineers and specialists on consulting projects and develop the skills needed to manage engineering tasks and projects while in the field. Incumbant will multitask in a fast paced environment with limited supervision. Incumbant will have detailed expertise as it relates to integrity management field services and will possess advanced certifications and skill sets relating to the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Successful incumbent will assist experienced engineers/specialists with project execution and will initially work with project managers and will follow existing analysis procedures related to specialized field work, working with pipeline inspection data in spreadsheet format. As experience is gained, he/she will become familiar with pipeline technologies such as, but not be limited to:
• Pipeline and facility external corrosion control,
• Facilities and pipelines cathodic protection design,
• External corrosion field surveys, cathodic protection monitoring and troubleshooting,
• Pipeline Coatings, and pipeline coating inspection,
• Pipeline HVAC induced interference,
• In-line inspection hardware and software,
• Data collection, management, alignment, and integration
• Degradation mechanisms and their control
• Repair technologies,
• Risk management.
This position will require interactions with clients and prospective clients out in the field and field management of survey crews.Incumbent will conduct tasks without supervision as part of a larger projects. He/she will conduct and/or manage larger projects, and exercises advnaced skill sets in one or more technical areas related to pipeline integrity. Interaction with other departments locally and globally is expected when needed.Senior Technicians will provide guidance and direction to all Technicians and Specialists regarding field activities and applications.